Tuesday, September 25, 2007

SEX!


My bed.

De-toothing

“De-toothing, whereby a woman will analogously extract a man’s teeth one by one, until he is left with nothing, describes the behaviour of women who use their sexuality and the promise of sexual contact in the future as a bargaining tool to extract money and materials from men. It is one of the most evident dynamics on campus where transactional sexual behaviour is particularly aggressive as:

poor girls coming to campus for the first time from the village see the campus girls walking around with good hair, nice clothes, mobile phones and even cars. They want to get those things too and the easiest way is to get a rich older man and de-tooth him.

There is a very strong element of peer group pressure, which exacerbates the concern with materialism and more importantly maintaining the visibility of success through being seen to own luxury items.

‘Keeping Up Appearances’: Sex and Religion amongst University Students in Uganda.
J. Sadgrove / Journal of Religion in Africa 37 (2007) 116-144 123


“Only you can stop inter-generational sex!”

Take-home message from a public service ad currently playing on local television. The ad features four people on screen in separate squares, Brady Bunch style. The first is a dirty old man looking to get his rocks off. The second is a university aged girl fondling her cell phone, complaining about keeping up with the Joneses. And the last two are a concerned man and woman who want to know what they can do to stop sugar daddies from transmitting HIV to the next generation.

The Ludacris version:

Yeah, shes a money magnet, smell a dollar bill in ya clothes.
Gold digger signs from her head to her toes
You hear me sayin no don't mess with the stress
She's out to get ya dough nuttin more nuttin less
Shes lookin' for a prize, man you killin me
Actin like you don't see the dollar signs in her eyes
She wants her nails done, and her hair, too
Plus a diamond necklace, thats all on you
You still can't see it, yeah you a sucka
If you do it homeboy man i couldn't be it
Hypnotised by her good looks?
Yup maybe, but a victim for a good crook? Nope not me!
Consider yourself warned so you can stay.
Or you can stick to my rhyme and get the heck away!
Either way, go.. figure, shes a gold.. digger.
Gettin' close as your bank roll grows bigger

5 comments:

  1. Jesus! (The “I don’t have any idea what is going on sense” and not the “I cherish my Savior” sense).

    I didn’t realize that participating in this blog would render me subject to lectures on foul sexual practices and tongue-lashings from my sweetie - all in the same reading. I am going to have to get far more prepared for my next attempt. That appears to involve a self-taught lesson on white rabbits, the definition of integrity, Ludacris, and the Doors. I am in big trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blame Fox's "Don't Forget the Lyrics". Didn't know it was such a hit in Uganda...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhhh galt. no need to use our savior's name in vein on account of my insipid remarks. don't worry, i prayed for the salvation of your soul from the fiery bowels of hell. no big deal, god owed me a favor. you can thank me later.
    i have already learned more than i expected with this blog talk. first off, this anonymity fits quite well. 2ndly, i really have nothing compelling to say....my rants make about as much sense as those ludacris lyrics {self-deprecation is the key to maintaining sanity). the coup de grace from all this blogging: if i want shiny, new, trendy toys i just have to whore myself out to dirty old men... or rap artists. now i can stop collecting points from those coke bottles.
    My new plan is to just tie my hands behind my back and passively learn about uganda & pop culture through the eyes of john q. Yikes. if i feel compelled to contribute something worthwhile i'll just start banging my head on the keyboard and what comes across will probably make more sense than this entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Bukowski is best read as a very skillful genre writer. He bears the same relation to poetry as Zane Grey does to fiction, or Ayn Rand to philosophy - a highly colored, morally uncomplicated cartoon of the real thing."

    ReplyDelete
  5. your bed looks like where all the sex should be happening. don't get aids, though. dude.

    i don't know shit about uganda, but i do know that that shit is only twice the size of pennsylvania. if it's only twice the size of pennsylvania - where did col. amin do all that killing? he must've killed e'rybody. that's why all those drugs grow so 'well'

    ReplyDelete